Tuesday, July 17, 2012

IU x PYBK ?



What is IUxPYBK? IUxPYBK is comprised of 3 sets: IU, x, and PYBK (I’m in my dreeeeeeeeeeaaaaam!!!!!). We will start with the main topic of these 3 sets which is IU.


IU? Unless you have not been introduced to Korean Pop or K-Pop or have not heard about its existence you will probably see these 2 letters as what it is, the letter I & U. Maybe you might say that it is missing two things in the middle the “less than 3” (<3) symbol for “I Love You”.  Or you might pronounce it as “Eww” (that Simon). Whatever those 3 you have thought of when first seeing IU well you can add this 4th one to your multiple choice when you comes across with it in the future.



IU (아이유) aka Lee Ji Eun (이지은) is a South Korean Entertainment Idol. Lee Ji Eun’s stage name IU is derived from “I and You”, which symbolizes that “we can become one through music”. Well if you thought that the missing thing in the middle was “less than 3” in here is “and”. 
IU is well known for her singing talent and the famous “3 high pitch” in her song “Good Day” (좋은 ).  IU is also known for her ABC’s (adorable, bubbly, and cute) personality that the citizens of the Republic of Korea made her their National Little Sister. 
She is also an actress and started her acting career in the drama Dream High. This is where I have first seen IU and I also think that this is where a lot of international-based IU fans were introduced to this wonderful Korean Idol.
IU released 6 albums (full/mini/single): Lost and Found, Growing Up, Real, Real+, Last Fantasy, and Spring of a Twenty Year Old to date (July, 2012). IU also collaborated with other famous Korean Idols most notably 2am’s Seulong, Big Bang’s Seungri, and Yoo Seung Ho, to name a few and featured in Original Soundtrack of hit Korean Drama’s such as Queen Seon Duk and Dream High. She also guested in popular variety shows such as Running Man and Strong Heart (my favorites). Here is more IU.


“x”? Let us cut it short explaining this one letter. The “x” symbolizes “times”. Yes “times” as in multiplication. Of course we all know that you only cannot multiply an alphabet unless you are solving a really hard Trigonometry question. Normally fans use “Name-meshing”/Portmanteau or the addition symbol “+” to link 2 people together and symbolize them as a couple. As for me I use “x” since IU is not paired with one person.

PYBK? Well PYBK is my gamer and forum account name (djPYBK, PYBK!). I am not trying to pair my self to IU (I really wish though) but pairing it with IU supporters/fans (I think that explains the “x”). Sones (SNSD/Girl’s Generation), VIPs (BigBang), ELFs (Super Junior), and Blackjacks (2NE1), to name a few are what Local and International fans call themselves of these Korean Idol’s. As far as I know there is not a certain name for IU fans to call themselves, I think IU Fans will do or maybe “Hearters” (WeHeartIU)Official U-ana Fancafe. Then, what is PYBK for. Well I made this name as a gamer ID to symbolize my role in DotA when I play with my friends, which is a Support (click here for in-depth explanation of PYBK). Pretty much PYBK is meant for Supporters/Fans in IUxPYBK.

All in all, IUxPYBK is a blog that is Miss Lee Ji Eun/IU’s related topics, from her music, drama, variety guesting, music video, and articles, to even her conversation on her fan café and Twitter. Most of these contents 
will probably have been featured in the website WeHeartIu and already have been read and reviewed on so I’ll try to make my own “review”. I will try to “review” it to my best of abilities that will also feature of others view and comments from her most loyal fans and toughest critics, even anti’s. I know as I have said that the PYBK is for the supporter/fans of IU and you may ask why will I feature critics of “anti’s”. Well popular celebrities cannot really avoid “anti’s” so they just use these people criticism as motivation to strive to even get better and show their utmost capabilities. So pretty much you can view the “anti’s” as Supporters.

To make thinks short IUxPYBK can be explained with 6 words, “We can become one through music.” Oh wait that is what IU meant. 
Well it is a blog about IU. Then, let me add 2 more words "and more" because we believe IU will show us more of her repertoire and her supporters/fans will be there with her. (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment